Friday, June 16, 2006

Sky Meadow's State Park

What a fun day this was! I know that they had a great day together and I truly enjoyed watching them and capturing the moments between this wonderful family. This is one of my most favorites places to shoot (as most of you know). For those of you that don't know, if I mention Sky Meadow's State Park, this is it.
I've got to tell you as I proofed these pictures I got teary eyed many times while working on pictures of this couple. They were so comfortable with each other and so in love after all of these years. I've got to say that they are truly inspiring to watch. Not just their obvious love for one another but also their love for their daughters and grandchildren as well. Happy Anniversary guys!
Well, you can tell by looking at these images how close these families are and how much fun they are.

For those that don't know, I always "try" my hardest to remember to pull the couples aside - out of the family pictures and away from the children and capture their relationship for a minute. Most of the time people are pretty hesitant but they always seem glad in the end that they took a minute to capture what started it all in the first place. That's so important to me to capture. It's so easy with children to place that aside (especially when typically all that most parents are concerned with is making sure the kids are doing what they're supposed to be doing=).

2 comments:

Georgia Garrett said...

Tammy, this whole session is just awesome and really showcases your talent to work with families and the relationship they have with one another. FA-BU-LOUS! That first image is so striking, too. I'd have to get a big one of that on canvas to go over the couch!

Me and my boys said...

Thank you Beth, that's sweet. This family made it really easy for me.